OPPORTUNITIES ONTARIO PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (PNP)
For Companies setting up locations in Ontario:
This sub-section of the General Category is to facilitate the entry of key personnel into companies that are making major investments in Ontario. Nominees must meet the same qualifying criteria as above. Before nominating applicants, Ontario employers must first complete the pre-screen application process and they must obtain approval for the positions they wish to fill. To be eligible, Ontario employers must:
- Make a qualifying investment of $3 million or more in Ontario;
- Create at least 5 net full-time permanent positions.
Processing Fees for applicants to the General Category are $2,000 for those applicants who will be working in the Greater Toronto Area, and $1,500 for those who will be working outside the Greater Toronto Area.
Although the investment component of Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program is geared towards companies making an investment in the province, individual investors seeking nomination can also qualify for the program.
There is no requirement for minimum personal net worth in order to be eligible for this immigration program. An exploratory visit to Ontario is not required, nor is a government deposit. To be eligible, an individual investor must meet the four eligibility criteria:
- an active involvement, on an ongoing basis, in the management of the business and the creation of at least 5 new jobs for Canadians or permanent residents
- the control of at least 33.334% of the equity in the business, or make a minimum $1 million investment in the business
- no option of redeeming the investment after a specified period
- capital investment in the business not for the primary purpose of deriving interest, dividends or capital gains