SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)
Successful applicants will receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process.
Under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), you may qualify under one of eight categories:
Saskatchewan PNP – Farmers
To qualify as a Farmer, an applicant must:
- Have a net worth of $500,000;
- Supply a signed offer to purchase a Saskatchewan farming operation, or land for a new farm operation;
- Visit Saskatchewan within the two-year period prior to making a signed offer to purchase; and
- Demonstrate that they are knowledgeable farm operators.This category also has a Young Farmers Stream, for applicants who:
- Are under the age of 40;
- Have at least three years of experience managing or operating a farm;
- Have a net worth of $300,000;
- Submit a proposal for a commercial farming opportunity in the province;
- Can demonstrate marketable employment skills; and
- Conduct an exploratory visit to Saskatchewan prior to submitting their application.
Saskatchewan PNP – Entrepreneurs
To qualify as an Entrepreneur, an applicant must:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN $300,000;
- Make a minimum investment of CDN $150,000 into a new or existing business in Saskatchewan;
- Have 3-5 years of proven experience in managing or owning a business;
- Have significant funds for establishing a new business or partnership in an existing Saskatchewan business, in which the applicant will have an ongoing management role;
- Plan to own at least 33.3% of the proposed or existing business, or invest CDN $1-million in the business;
- Complete a Business Establishment Plan demonstrating the applicant’s intent;
- Provide a full disclosure of business assets and debt; and
- Make a good faith deposit of CDN $75,000.
NOTE: All Entrepreneur applications received after 1 May 2012 must include an evaluation report conducted by an a third party that has been approved by the SINP Entrepreneur and Farm Owner/Operator category. If a positive third party evaluation is received, Entrepreneur candidates will be allowed to formally apply to the SINP program.
Saskatchewan PNP – Large Scale Investors
The Entrepreneur category of the Saskatchewan PNP includes a priority stream for Large Scale Investors, for Entrepreneurs who intend to make an investment of CDN $10-million or more. In addition to receiving priority processing of their nomination applications, applicants under this category have an added benefit: once their nomination is approved, they can also request the nomination of up to ten critical members of their management team. However, these applications will be assessed separately.
Saskatchewan PNP – Science and Technology
The Entrepreneur category of the Saskatchewan PNP also includes a priority stream for applicants who:
- Own a patent and intend to commercialize it through an active investment in Saskatchewan;
- Own an innovative IT idea and intend to commercialize it through an active investment in Saskatchewan; or
- Intend to actively invest in a partnership with an existing Saskatchewan science and technology-based firm.
These applicants must also meet the four criteria of the Entrepreneur category above.