Federal Self-Employed Program
The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to attract applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons must have either:
- relevant experience and the intention as well as the ability to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada; or
- experience in farm management and the intention as well as the ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
To be eligible as a self-employed person, you must:
- have relevant experience, the intention and the ability to become self-employed in Canada;
- meet the selection criteria for self-employed persons; and
- meet medical, security and other requirements.
Relevant experience is defined as:
- participation in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level;
- self-employment in cultural activities or athletics; or
- farm management experience.
You will be assessed on selection criteria that include your experience, education, age, language abilities and adaptability.
You and your family members must have a medical exam and obtain police certificates.
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada.
If you are interested in this program, start your process today by completing the following questionnaire (estimated 10 mins):